Poncho®* insecticide treatment
Poncho®* is the standard seed insecticide treatment for maize. It controls all three major maize insect pests
(Argentine Stem Weevil, Black Beetle and Greasy Cutworm1) in a single treatment.
The key benefits of insecticide treated maize seed are:
- Precise amount of insecticide applied to every seed.
- Proven insecticide that reliably performs and protects your maize crop from insect attack.
- Low insecticide dose rate for minimal impact on the environment.
- Maximum safety for the planting contractor/operator.
By specifying Pioneer Premium Seed Treatment you can be 100% confident your Pioneer® brand maize seed
has the best possible chance to achieve its full yield potential.
Seed Treatment Options
*Registered trademark of the Bayer Group.
Vitaflo®2 is the industry standard fungicide treatment for the control of major seed and soil-borne seedling diseases in maize.
The key benefits of fungicide treated maize seed are:
- Stimulates early seedling growth, increasing coleoptile length, resulting in faster emergence and better crop establishment.
- Thiram controls diseases borne on the outside of the seed by providing a protective barrier around the seed.
* Registered trademark of the Bayer Group
1 Trial data supplied by the Bayer Group.
2 Registered Trademark of Uniroyal Chemical Company Inc., USA.