The next generation hybrid
Super Sweet Sudan (SSS) hybrid is quick to graze and sustains multiple grazings. Fine leaves make SSS suitable for grazing with sheep or cattle or making high quality baled silage or hay.
High quality small seed means you sow less kilograms on every hectare and it's highly palatable at all stages of growth.
Bag size: 15 kg
Recommended planting rate: 15-25 kg/ha
Planting depth: 2.5-3.5 cm
Tips to achieve high SSS yields
- Plant Super Sweet Sudan (SSS) in warm growning environments only. For good crop establishment, soil temperature at 5 cm depth needs to be at least 17°C and rising
- Soil test your paddock to determine fertiliser needs
- Good weed control is important. Spray out the paddock prior to planting
- Drill and roll seed into a fine, moist seedbed. Broadcast sowing is not recommended.
- The recommended planting depth is at 2.5-3.5 cm for SSS
- Plant SSS at 15-25 kg/ha. Crops planted at higher rates will have thinner stems and a higher yield potential
- Graze SSS behind a wire or cut at 35-45 days after planting when the crop is at least 1 m in height. For maximum growth leave a residual of 15 cm
- Re-cut or graze after 4-5 weeks when the crop is at least 0.8 m and no more than 1.2 m in height
- Monitor nitrate and prussic acid levels especially in crops that have been drought stressed or frosted
- Always spray out crops prior to autumn frosts or regrassing