Bettagraze is a drought tolerant sorghum x sudan grass hybrid that is proven to produce high yields. Graze Bettagraze or harvest and store it as silage or hay as a dependable feed when you need it most.
Key Benefits of using Bettagraze
- Drought tolerant. Bettagraze has a water use efficiency which is more than 70% higher than perennial ryegrass.
- Rapid early growth. Under warm growing conditions Bettagraze will be ready for the first cut or grazing just 35 to 45 days after planting. Crop must be one metre in height before cutting or feeding.
- Quick regrowth after cutting or grazing. Bettagraze can be cut or grazed 3-4 times in a warm growing season.
- High sugar content, fine stems and a high leaf to stem ratio for excellent palatability and good feed value.
- Ideal for dairy or beef cattle and sheep.
NZ Bettagraze trial yield data
New Zealand trials show that Bettagraze significantly out yields Pacific Seeds Sprint.
1 Highly significant (P<0.01) yield advantage to Bettagraze.
Achieving high Bettagraze yields
Bettagraze requires a minimum soil temperature of 17°C for quick germination and establishment. Generally sowing is not recommended before late November-early December. Bettagraze should be planted at 25-45 kg/ha. Higher planting populations will deliver higher crop yields.
Sharing Your Farming Risk
Every bag of Pioneer® brand Bettagraze seed you plant is covered by our Seed Replacement Replant Risk Cover. If in the unfortunate situation that your crop needsreplanting for whatever reason within two months of planting, we will provide you with replant seed at half price*
* This policy is for planting within the same season.